1. He likes writing. He is really getting into working on his name and his sight words everyday.
2. He is a salty snacker--he likes goldfish crackers, tortilla chips, and potato chips.
3. He loves vanilla ice cream. Plain, simple, sweet. Just vanilla.
4. He conquered the rock wall on his swing set last week. He doesn't need any help anymore!
5. He really loves Curious George and understands when something is funny or when George gets in trouble.
6. He is really getting in the swing of this potty training thing. He isn't afraid to use public restrooms and several times in the last couple of weeks he has initiated and expressed a need to go. This is big....really big!
7. He loves going to the library at school. He gets excited when he comes home with a new book each week. It's the first one we read every night before bed.
8. He understands so many things now without needing to be shown what I'm trying to indicate to him. I can say things like "put your letter tiles away" or "let's load the dishwasher" and he gets it and comes around to help out.
9. The kid loves it when I vacuum. He runs himself into a frenzy and actually has a fit when I'm done.
10. He is starting to chose his own clothes in the morning. He isn't super specific, but he likes to look at some shirts before making a choice.
11. Sadly, we are moving away from Sesame Street and Elmo. He is much more into Curious George, Dinosaur Train, and Super Why than ever before. He is growing up.
12. He is communicating so much more these days, putting 2 and 3 signs together. It's not rare anymore to see him request something "more milk, please, Mom" without hesitation. I'm pretty sure school requires him to use those signs!
13. He recently decided he isn't afraid of the shower anymore and wants to take one instead of a bath. Now he's really growing up!
14. He loves looking at pictures of his class. His teacher sent home a picture of the class in front of the fire truck from the fire department visit a couple of weeks ago and a recent one from the apple orchard trip. He likes pointing out his pals, Mrs. B., and himself.
15. He is majorly in love with "The Incredibles" movie. I'm pretty sure we're going to have to use that as his birthday party theme.
16. He is slowly understanding the ideas about Halloween thanks to a bunch of books that we read regularly. I wouldn't say he's going to care much, but I think he will understand the concept more this year.
17. He makes up games outside. His favorite one is to take a bunch of balls up to his clubhouse and drop them down, trying to hit the swing. Rolling them down the slide is a second favorite choice.
18. He loves riding the school bus. He has charmed the bus driver and aide on his bus and he loves to say hi and bye to his friend "C" who sits across from him each day.
19. He loves the ladies, no doubt about it. But if you're a blonde, he'll stare at you a bit longer because this gentleman definitely prefers blondes!
20. He goes through purple, seedless grapes like they're going out of style. Seriously, I must buy like 3 lbs. a week and he eats every single one!
21. He still falls asleep every night to a CD of lullabye music I made him when he was just a few weeks old. I enjoy staying for a few songs while he falls asleep....yes, I'm creepy mom that watches her child sleep. There's something so innocent about him when he's out!
|Me and my bestest buddy ever!|